PURPOSE AND MISSION
Cruz Roja Voluntarios Americanos de Primo Tapia (of Baja California, Mexico) is a voluntary organization established to promote the general welfare of the community of Primo Tapia, and is duly authorized and chartered to operate under the auspices of the Cruz Roja Mexicana.
The Mission of Cruz Roja Voluntarios Americanos de Primo Tapia is to promote the general welfare of the community by providing financial support to Cruz Roja Mexicana in support of their mission and to maintain ambulance service in the Primo Tapia area.
Cruz Roja Voluntarios Americanos de Primo Tapia’s vision is that, by working together in our community, both Americans and Mexicans, hand-in-hand, every individual living in the greater Primo Tapia area will receive emergency services so that more lives will be saved due to this rapid response.
Having accomplished our first major goal of establishing and doubling the size of the Thrift Store in Primo Tapia so that the funding of the local ambulance service is secured, we are working to accomplish the following goals:
- Become a non-profit organization recognized by the United States Internal Revenue Service as a tax-exempt, charitable organization. This will allow citizens of the United States to make charitable contributions to Cruz Roja Voluntarios Americanos de Primo and receive a tax exemption.
- Increase our members from 750 as of April, 2018 to 1,400 by April, 2020.
- With the help of the local community and, if the local community sees the need as well, re-open the medical clinic in the Primo Tapia area
- Expand the Thrift store once again so that we have room to accept more donations that, at this time, are difficult to keep on site, given the size of the store.
- increase the number of community members involved in Cruz Roja Primo Tapia, especially for the Thrift Store.
- Increase the number of local Mexican community members working with us as partners in our mission.